November 22, 2011

Carter - Almost 5 months

 I owe the blog a lengthy explanation of all of Carter's health challenges and outcomes, but there is no time for that tonight. So I thought I should at least post some cute (ADORABLE) pics of our sweet little boy.

At his last doctors appointment (4.5 months, a little late due to an infection) he was in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. So slightly taller than he is wide (the exact opposite of Blake). His head size is off the charts. But look at it! We love that big head!




He is so good at using his hands. He has a great mastery of them, picking up what I think are pretty heavy rattles, grabbing at toys (and Mommy's hair) and he loves to play with crinkly materials and soft toys.

The big news is we started giving him cereal the other day. Most babies just push it out of their mouth the first time they taste cereal - it is a process of learning how to accept and swallow the new type of food. However, this little stinker just gobbled it up! 

 It might not look like it, but he really did like it.


He acted like I have been starving him these past 4.5 months. The first feeding we only gave him a few spoonfuls since I didn't know how he would process it overall. But the next day when I fed him again I gave him more, expecting him to stop taking it so eagerly eventually. He just wanted more! Finally, after a half a bowl (about 2 T of rice cereal) I cut him off. Today I fed him cereal three times, and he took it eagerly each time.

We are looking forward to him (hopefully) sleeping a little better if his belly is full from cereal.

No comments: