June 8, 2010

Some Recent Stats and Other Fun Stuff


Our baby boy is growing VERY fast! He has had a remarkable 3 months, as you can see from the stats from his 9 month check-up. In summary, he is wider than he is tall, and he has a huge noggen! The doctor actually re-measured his head after the nurse initially measured it, because the original measurement was off the charts!
The growth spurt can probably be attributed to his transition to formula just after 6 mos. The added weight has helped his sleep tremendously, instead of waking up every 2.5-3 hrs he is sleeping 5-7 hrs at a time at night. He still wakes up once a night (and wants/gets a bottle), but that is easy compared to the schedule I was maintaining!

A few more odds 'n ends...

I like to call this picture "Greed." Blake is attempting to hold on to 3 toys at once. He has the sippy cup, another plastic cup that he likes to play with, and another plastic container, all in his chubby grib at the same time!

So, this might just look like a pic of Blake eating the remote, but what you can't tell from the picture is that I left Blake playing on his back on his mat, and came in the living room a few minutes later to find him SITTING UP next to the coffee table with the remote in his mouth! This is the first time that I've been aware of him pulling himself up to a sitting position. I am not sure how he did it, but he starting laying down and then he was sitting up!
This is an attempt to capture Blake's silly tongue! He loves to make noises while sticking out his tongue in all sorts of strange ways. I think I'm going to make a whole post dedicated to his tongue, because this is only the tip of the iceberg!
And in other areas he is growing and changing right before our eyes. It is pretty amazing. Every day it seems he does something that surprises me and shows his advancing development. The other day I was quite sure he waved at me after I first waved at him. Mom Mom had been working on his wave while she was here over the weekend, and I really think it paid off, but of course I can't capture it yet. Also, I think he is trying to imitate some sounds. He is getting around faster than ever, now using one toe to help his arms out in his military crawl.
He is also starting to understand "no." So far he hears "no" when he tries to pull up (and suck on) the air conditioning vents on the floor near his play mat, when he tries to flip over onto his tummy when he is getting dried after a bath or when he is on his changing mat, and when he tries to suck on electrical chords for our lamps. I have been amazed that so far he seems to be learning quickly and doesn't return to the things we have told him are "no touches." I am sure that will change, but it is a blessing right now!

No comments: