July 16, 2010

Gene and KK's Wedding - July 3

Our good friends Gene and Katherine are finally MARRIED. We definitely see God's sovereign hand in the way he brought these two together, after years of being friends and hanging out, and then falling in love and a speedy engagement... We are honored to be their friends, and REJOICE with them as they celebrate their wedding and new marriage.

The wedding was 1.5 hrs away at a The Oaks, a beautiful B&B at St Michaels. Mike and I left Blake at home with my mom, so, for the first time since he was born we had a night away. (Don't ask how many times I called home!) While I missed my baby boy, I knew he was in good hands, and the wedding was a wonderful retreat, filled with many wonderful memories with friends.

Mike and I arrived Friday for the rehearsal dinner (Mike was a groomsman). I don't have any good pics but MANY memories were made...the "time of honoring" will be talked about for YEARS to come! Then on Saturday we got to sleep in a little bit and enjoy all day at the B&B.

The day of the wedding a few of us borrowed the B&B's bikes and went for a ride.
And then we met up with the guys at a restaurant in town (St Michaels):


Here I am with my groomsman hubby just after the wedding.

It was a treat to be able to spend so much time with our friends Rebecca and Paul from the Virginia Beach church. Always great to see you guys!

Here are some of the grooms-guys (Mike, Paul, Chris) and then Joey who was able to drive out for the wedding.
As for the actual ceremony, I really can't improve on the pics taken by their photographers, Peter Bang and Julie Lim. Please check out their blogs (click the links on their names to the left) when you have a chance to see the ceremony.
Gene and KK, we are praying for you and miss you already! So happy that you are finally together!

No comments: