Here are just some snapshots from "a day in the life of Baby Blake."
Here he is happily destroying his bookshelf to find just the right book. He loves just sitting in that corner looking through books all by himself.
For some reason he was laying on the floor and caught a glimpse of the light fixtures overhead and here he is just pointing them out to Mom. Nothing particularly new about the light fixtures, just worthy of his attention, I suppose.
And checking out Mama's shoes. The sign for shoe is pounding two fist together in front of you, which I tried to teach Blake, but it ends up looking just like the sign for "more please" (although he pounds a little louder for "shoe"), so we aren't making much progress in the sign language department.
A few updates:
I should mention that Blake is doing pretty well at feeding himself. He is happy to do it, and he doesn't even make a terrible mess. He just doesn't get a lot of food at one time, so usually we help get the food on the spoon or we take over after a few moments.
Another "trick" is he has figured out to fit his plastic rings into the slit that I cut out of a plastic formula canister lid. I made this "toy" months ago but he just wasn't coordinated to get the rings in there. All of the sudden the other day he got a couple rings in and now he does it all the time, putting them in the slit and then turning it over to get the rings out and start over again!
At 14.5 months is now officially on 1 nap (has been for a few weeks), and goes down at about noon for about 2 hours.

1 comment:
Dave and I were just staring at that second picture... he's such a perfect mix of the two of you!
Y'all got yerselves a powerful cute little fella, that's fer sure.
Post a Comment