As you might have noticed from the posts below, Blake was way overdue for a haircut. Dada let me take another "stab" at cutting it myself, and here are the results! (Below I think he was actually posing/smiling for the camera - a new thing for our big boy!)
A haircut by Mom goes something like this...I put him in his booster seat on the deck for the bulk of the cutting. And then for the next 2 hours I followed the poor boy around with scissors making little "adjustments" here and there to try to repair the damage of the first pass, as Blake says "all done!" with each snip!
I think, overall, it isn't terrible (right?), but shorter than I prefer. I consider it a compromise cut since Dada wanted to cut it with his clippers. Last time I tried to cut it myself I took off an unfortunately large chunk of hair off just above his ear. This time I snipped a little too close on the back/top, right where his cowlick is and where it wants to stick up anyway. (Notice how I didn't quite capture that in the photo?!) The poor child. It will grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment