I know the big news right now is Carter's arrival, but I had this post in draft form and wanted to post our life in order...
A quick story first. Blake loves mints, and has learned that Pop Pop always has mints in his car and usually has a mint in his pocket when he comes to visit. The other day there were two mints on the counter, leftover from Pop Pop's last visit. One was a white lifesaver type, the other a spiral red and white peppermint. I asked Blake which one he wanted (pointing to each, do you want "this one" or "this one.") To my surprise Blake responded "RED ONE!" (pointing to the peppermint). I guess he is learning his colors after all! Yeah!
A quick story first. Blake loves mints, and has learned that Pop Pop always has mints in his car and usually has a mint in his pocket when he comes to visit. The other day there were two mints on the counter, leftover from Pop Pop's last visit. One was a white lifesaver type, the other a spiral red and white peppermint. I asked Blake which one he wanted (pointing to each, do you want "this one" or "this one.") To my surprise Blake responded "RED ONE!" (pointing to the peppermint). I guess he is learning his colors after all! Yeah!
Here is a rated "G" photo of some fun in our kiddie pool on the deck. In the afternoon, once the deck is in the shade, this is a great way to keep Blake amused. I love letting him play naked! (Why bother getting a diaper or a bathing suit soaked if you don't have to?) I have some great video of him running around, dunking the side of his hea in the pool, pouring water from one cup to another and over the side of the deck, and drinking out of buckets, but we'll just keep that in the fam.
Dance Party at the Rio with Daddy from Sarah Thompson on Vimeo.
Blake usually just watches me eat my cereal with milk, while I give him dry cereal to eat from his tray. However, the other day he really wanted to dip a cheerio in Mama's milk to eat it that way. Since he shouldn't really have "milk" I decided to give him his own bowl with rice milk...and cheerios...and a spoon. And I was amazed at how well he did! Yeah, big boy!
Here is he enjoying a smoothie. It doesn't always turn out this messy, but when it does Blake typically asks for a mirror so that he can see it for himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment