After the news has already hit Facebook, and the church Quick Read, I am finally getting around to bringing our blog up to speed more than a week later... Carter James Thompson has arrived! He eluded us for a while as twice in the preceding two weeks I was in the hospital (in the middle of the night) with "false" labor. But finally, on June 23rd, Carter decided come during normal, waking hours. This was a day after Mike's birthday, and just a couple days into my 38th week of pregnancy.
The stats:
Carter James Thompson was born at 5:50pm on June 23rd. He weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and was 19.25 inches long. (And no, we don't plan to call him "CJ" - just "Carter.") Mom and baby are both doing very well!
Labor was relatively short (if you don't count the three weeks of contractions leading up to delivery); I was admitted a little before 2pm and Carter was born by 6pm. I enjoyed the blessing of an epidural (which is why I am smiling below). Labor story and more pics will follow, but I thought I should delay no longer and get at least some pics up!
His nose, like Blake's, was squished to one side at birth and has slowly been moving to a more "normal" position.
Untitled from Sarah Thompson on Vimeo.
After initial greetings, Baby Carter "gave" Blake a trash truck and a Popsicle, to secure Blake's eternal love and affection.
Blake gets trash truck from Carter from Sarah Thompson on Vimeo.
And Blake gave Baby Carter a blue elephant (thanks, Grandma and Pop Pop!)
Blake loves his little brother and gives him lots of kisses and is always excited to see "Baby Carter." I don't think he makes the connection right now that Carter is the reason Mommy can't hold hold him (as I recover from delivery) or that Mommy can't spend as much time with him. So far Blake is consistently gentle and fascinated by his new little brother.
We are so blessed to have these two beautiful boys!
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! Sarah and Mike for having Blessed with two lovely kids. I always love to read your thoughts on the sweet memories you experience with your family.
Warm Regards
Shelley Taylor (Suma)
Post a Comment