July 30, 2011

More Pics of the Little One

We continue to admire this little one. I can't help but compare him to Blake and I am struck mostly by the similarities. But there are some sweet, subtle differences as well...Carter's eyelashes are a little curlier than Blake's, his complexion is paler and pinker (Blake's, even very early, was more olive like Dada's), and his lips are thinner, creating a sweet little profile.
We ALWAYS swaddled Blake (until he was 6 months, I think), but we never swaddle Carter, and he does very well. (Mostly because it is just too hot to swaddle, but also because Carter seems quite content "free.") It makes me wonder if Blake really needed to be swaddled or if we just thought he needed to be swadled. I love how he sleeps with his little arms up when we have him on his back.
When Blake was about a month old I realized that he was already losing the baby-floppiness. Mike and I were trying to apply Babywise and let Blake fall asleep on his own and I distinctly remember thinking that I was going to hold the next baby much more, let him (or her) sleep on me more, etc. And I've done just that! I might regret it real soon, but I hold Carter and he sleeps on me often...and I love it!
Grandpop and Mare Mare came to visit, and Carter was very content in their arms, too!
 
 
Here is Carter and me having a little chat this morning; he is just starting to "coo." He is much more talkative than Blake was, making all sorts of sounds, and even Blake likes to imitate his "little noises."

Here is a sweet moment with Blake...giving his little teddy bear a bah-bah! He is such a good big brother, always loving to give Carter "tisses" (kisses), joyfully taking Carter's dirty diapers to the trash can, picking up pacifiers, etc. I have really appreciated his patience with Carter (and me); when I need to serve Carter and can't play with Blake, or pick him up, he rarely protests. I love my little men so much! 
 

No comments: