December 4, 2009

Look, Mom, I have HANDS!

Blake is finally figuring out what to do with those hands! So far he has mastered getting them into his mouth to suck on his fingers (still tends to gag himself), but he hasn't made many other motions towards reaching for toys, etc. We finally decided to help him out a bit and put a rattle in his hand for him, and I think he is starting to catch on that the rattle noise is related to when he waves his arms.

So then we went a step further and dangled this monkey toy pretty low on his play mat, so that when he does his little happy dance (arms and legs swinging aimlessly just for the pure joy of being a baby), he would sometimes hit the monkey.

  And then he started to reach for the monkey ("reaching" meant arms straight in the air with clenched fists). And then, every once in a while, he would grab on to the monkey!


And of course mom and dad have been hovering with the camera, like baby paperazzi, just hoping to catch the moment.
We finally did! Yeah, Baby!

Health Update:
We went to the doctor today to try to get more help/answers about his reflux, since it has been a difficult past few days. They weighed Blake and he is a whopping 11lbs 1 oz (right on track for the 10th percentile, which is where he has been for a little while for weight). We are switching reflux meds in hopes that this new medication serves him a little better - the doctor switched us to Pepcid. The doctor is still pretty certain that the reflux has nothing to do with what I am eating, but I'm sticking to my "no dairy" diet for a few more days to make it a solid 2 weeks, to see if we notice ANY difference. This is really hard! I have had to pass up ALL the Thanksgiving leftovers that are in our fridge, including my favorite stuffing and apple crisp. I sure do love this little boy!

No comments: